These crispy cookies are made with almonds and oats, so naturally gluten free. Once you made them, maybe hide half, because they are addicting.
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
¼ cup vegan butter or coconut oil
¼ cup roasted almond butter or peanut butter
¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ sea salt
1 cup gluten free rolled oats, blend into flour
1 cup almonds, blend into almond meal
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl mix together flaxseed and 3 tbsp of water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a standing mixer beat together vegan butter and almond butter until combined. Add sugar and beat for one more minute. Beat in flaxseed and vanilla until combined.
- One by one beat in baking soda, baking powder, salt, oat flour, and almond meal. The dough should be slightly sticky. If you think the dough is getting too dry, add a bit of almond milk. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet, lined with parchement paper. Make sure to leave a lot of space between cookies, as they spread while baking. (Mine were too close together).
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes, the cookies will be soft coming out of the oven. So let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack for 10 minutes.