Today’s recipe is quickly made, easily stored and a definite comfort food for many.
1 ¼ cup spelt flour (or any other type of flour)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup vegan butter (or regular unsalted butter)
1 cup of organic cane sugar/coconut sugar
3 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed with a fork
½ cup of walnut pieced
½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and start by mashing the banana.
- In a standing mixer cream together the coconut/cane sugar and vegan/regular butter.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and bananas to the fluffed butter. Mix until well combined. Now add the flour, salt and baking soda. Lastly fold in the nuts.
- Prepare a baking pan, line with parchment paper and fill the batter into the pan.
- Bake the banana nut loaf for 45 minutes. Let it cool on a cooling rack for five minutes before serving it either warm with a scoop of your favourite ice cream or fruit. You will find the loaf to be even more delicious the next day. Simply store in an airtight container. ENJOY!