A pasta dish does not always have to be drowning in a fatty sauce to taste good and satisfy your comfort food cravings… Today’s pasta salad is filled with fresh ingredients and is drizzled with an olive oil dressing.
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
50 grams of parmesan
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
salt, pepper, sugar to taste
6 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
450 grams of whole wheat or rice penne
a bundle of asparagus
100 grams sundried tomatoes
100 grams of olives (choose your favourite kind)
300 grams uncooked prawns
1. Make dressing: chop onion and garlic, the smaller the better. Grate parmesan cheese, in a bowl combine vinegar, salt, pepper, pinch of sugar with 4 tbsp of olive oil. Now add garlic, onion and parmesan cheese.
2. Cook pasta, drain and rinse with cold water. Wash asparagus, cut into smaller chunks and half them. Let asparagus sit in a pot with boiling water with a pinch of salt and sugar for about 8 minutes.
3. Add prawns to a big pan with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, cook for about 5-8 minutes, until prawns turn pink.
4. In a large salad bowl combine pasta, cut up sundried tomatoes, olives, asparagus, prawns and dressing.
5. You can serve this salad hot or cold, tastes even better the next day, once the flavours have developed.